What it is
I join millions of people worldwide with insomnia; I am always looking for new ideas to help me get a good night's sleep. Sara's book asks some good questions beyond the usual ones, like if you drink coffee: How do we structure our day? Do we nap? When do we move our bodies? How do we move our bodies?
Right now, my evening routine is as follows:
- No screens for 90 minutes before bed
- 30-60 minutes before bed, I heat a hot milk alternative and add a package of Four Sigmatics Mushroom Elixir Mix with Reishi (blue) and a teaspoon of Ashwagandha (Organika MOOD)
- Hot bath with coconut oil and essential oils
- Take magnesium and a possible spray of cannabis
- Check to make sure the bedroom is cold and dark
- Lie on my bed and listen to a 20-minute guided sleep meditation.
- Get up and remove the technology from my side of the room
- Turn on some white noise
- Climb under my heavy blanket
- Put tape on my mouth
- Put on and eye mask and earplugs